Adult Family Home Manager
Pay: $16 Per Hour to $18.00 Per Hour
Duration/Usual Hours Per Week: Full time
Work Days: Flexible
Number of Openings: 1
Education: High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required
Professional Licenses / Certifications: Must have all Caregiver Certs
Requested Vehicle: No Vehicle Requested
Drivers License Type: Drivers License Required
Age: 18 or older Required
- Treat all consumers, staff, and service providers with dignity at all times.
- Develop policies, procedures, and acquire AFH Certification
- Participate in the interviewing, hiring, and training of new staff (3-6 caregivers.)
- Monitor staff performance management, including evaluations and developmental plans, disciplinary actions, etc., for all program staff monthly.
- Act as liaison for consumers involvement in support groups, self-advocacy, vocational programming, transportation services, integrated community activities, recreation and learning independent living skills.
- Oversee all consumer medical, medication and health issues providing timely updates in IEP
- Provide and ensure communication of medical and health issues to staff, agency nurses, families, etc. using appropriate logs when necessary.
- Certified to pass medication
- Coordinate with pharmacy for medication management.
- Coordinate and attend client doctor appointments.
- Communicate with clients, guardians, care teams, and management
- Transport consumers to appointments when necessary.
- Plan, purchase, and prepare meals with assistance from the clients
- Perform light housekeeping duties
- Develop activity calendar
- Report any unusual incidents
- Scheduling staff
- Fill in on emergency basis or when caregiver openings arise.
- Flexibility to work on short notice and work all 3 shifts is required.
- Good time management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid Driver’s License with exceptional driving record required
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer